Monday, September 21, 2009

"Nasza Klasa" User Interface and User Experience

There is a polish web site called nasza-klasa. Recently a new function was added there - Śledzik. It allows users to write a short message which is then shown on a start page of her\his friends. When I saw it first time, I asked myself: "What is this!?!". It seems that there are other users who don't like it either. I took time and figured out why my reaction was like that. Especially that the idea behind that function is really good. I realized that the problem is with its place on the web site, how it is shown. It is a first thing which I see after login and it's not what I used to see and what I would like to see first. Currently users have to always scroll down first to see information which is more important for them, to start to browse the web site like they already get used to do. I suppose that the reaction would be completely different if the new function would be put in a different place.

This is a really good example how important UI\UX are.

No comments: